Philosophy of Religious Education
We, the people of Immaculate Conception and St. Jude’s Parish, steadfastly support the principle that Catechesis is the main priority of our faith community. We actively endorse the right of every baptized person to receive proper instruction and education which will build and sustain a truly Catholic Christian life. While adult education is the principle form of catechesis, we are committed to instruct and educate people in all stages of life to embrace the sacraments and traditions of our Catholic religion. As a conscientious faith community, we partner with families to provide a solid religious educational foundation.
Mission Statement for Religious Education
We seek to instruct and educate all individuals to realize what it means to be followers of Jesus Christ and to celebrate joyfully their lives in Christ. We recognize our spiritual journey begins before birth and continues after death; we are committed to providing formal and informal religious education programs and opportunities for spiritual development through:
- Parenting education and enrichment
- Family education and enrichment
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (adapted form for children)
- Process of Sacramental preparation for adults and children
- Religious instruction for pre-school, elementary, middle and high school students
- Adult education
- Community building experiences
- Social concern awareness and Catholic Christian responsibility
We remain open to the prompting of the Holy Spirit to guide the continual development of our parish’s response to the religious educational needs of the people of Immaculate Conception and St. Jude’s Mission Parish.